With a little help, you can still live large in a small space! It is important that you don’t feel boxed in. The following tips will help transform your cramped quarters into something more expansive:
1. Shady Solutions – Painting walls a soft shade and the ceiling bright white will give the illusion of added height.
2. Is That a Door In Your Pocket? – Installing pocket doors is an easy and inexpensive way to create lots of extra usable space.
3. Lighten Up – Keep window areas clear of heavy drapes to expand wall area and let the sun shine in as it helps a space feel larger.
4. Mirror Mirror – Strategically placed mirrors will create the illusion of added space and they’ll also reflect light into adjoining rooms.
5. Cut a Rug – Having the same type of flooring throughout your home will make it feel more spacious, so avoid using too many area rugs.
6. Cut the Clutter – Have a place for everything so that the surfaces in your home don’t get cluttered. Storage baskets for example are great for hiding remotes and magazines.
7. Open Up – Arrange your furniture so you can see as much of the floor as possible. Rooms with blocked views can feel cramped so move furniture away from entrances.
Whether you’re getting ready to put your home on the market or you just want to create more space for yourself, these easy and inexpensive tips will help give you a little extra breathing room. By thinking big and getting creative, you’ll comfortably live large in even the smallest of spaces.